Square Enix has been teasing something special for Final Fantasy XI’s 20th anniversary for quite some time now. While we’re still fresh in year 19, the countdown to year 20 has begun with the launch of a new website that will serve as a hub of sorts for the celebration. Called “We Are Vana’diel“, the new website will house a variety of content that current and former players should find interesting.
Final Fantasy XI Producer Akihiko Matsui kicks off the website with the first update and promises that future updates will come alongside content that will celebrate 20 years of Square Enix’s first MMORPG.
We Remember Vana’diel goes through a chronological history of the game and is filled with new insights and notes from the developers that worked on it. We Discuss Vana’diel will be a space where Matsui will interview special guests, with Final Fantasy XI’s original producer Hiromichi Tanaka kicking off the series. Finally, there is also We Illustrate Vana’diel which is a space where Square Enix plans to house illustrations released throughout the years starting with the work of the legendary Yoshitaka Amano.
- FFXIV Is Partnering Up With Twitch for the Return of the Fat Black Chocobo Mount
- Final Fantasy XIV Massive Crystarium City Made With LEGO Will Make You Want a FFXIV Set
- Let’s Predict FFXIV: Endwalker’s Second New Job
- Here’s How FFXIV’s Take on the Sage Job Compares To Previous Final Fantasy Games
- Everything We Know About FFXIV: Endwalker’s New Thavnair & Radz-at-Han Locations