Fans of 38 Studios’ acclaimed action-RPG, Kingdoms Of Amalur: Re-Reckoning, rejoice! Yes, a brand new update has just been deployed for PC and consoles bringing with it a bunch of bug fixes, as well as a really cool PS5-specific feature: native 4K support.
This recent Kingdoms Of Amalur: Re-Reckoning update is officially dubbed 1.08, and aims to fix a plethora of stability issues and bugs, while boosting the visuals on the PS5 version of the game.
It’s worth noting, however, that the game is currently only playable on PS5 via backwards compatibility. In other words, there’s still no native version of Kingdoms Of Amalur: Re-Reckoning on next-gen consoles as of right now. That all being said, Xbox One X, Xbox Series X|S, and PC versions of the fantasy RPG already currently support native 4K.
For a full breakdown of the latest 1.08 update, go ahead and check out Kingdoms Of Amalur’s specific patch notes down below:
- Chest missing the lid fixed.
- Fae cache glitch fixed.
- Some other graphic glitches that would project beams through some spaces fixed.
- Several black areas fixed (those that were looking burned or just pitch black).
- It was possible to permanently knock down essential Quest-related NPCs. Example: Garaner Vernt in Canneroc. These would have blocked quest progress. Most of the time those events were triggered by specific timing.
- Loremaster Achievement fixed.
- Controller Sensitivity improved.
- Stability improvements.
- Detection with native 4k resolution support (PC, Xbox One X and Xbox Series already have 4k native).
Our very own Ethan Anderson reviewed the title for Twinfinite at launch and awarded the remaster a 3/5, concluding:
The best parts of Amalur are still intact, but with the caveats of the visual bugs, outdated look, and endless sprinting, you’ll need to keep those rose-colored glasses on for the entire playthrough.
But how about you? Tell us, did you enjoy your time with Kingdoms Of Amalur: Re-Reckoning? Or were you left wanting with the new remaster? Grab your longswords and Corthian armor, and let us know in the usual place down below.