Valorant’s Patch 2.06 was a big one, and so it’s not a major surprise that today’s Patch 2.07 notes reveal only a handful of fairly minor changes. That said, there are some important tweaks to three Agents, as well as some quality of life improvements and useful bug fixes, too.
Let’s start with the Agent changes, the most significant of which sees a major buff to Astra that now allows her Gravity Well to pull enemies off the spike defuse. That should make her one of strongest Agents in a post-plant situation. Riot explains:
We want to try and keep our ability interactions as consistent and easy to learn as possible and allow you to explore ways to leverage Agent abilities without running into unexpected walls. We think this update can create some interesting interactions post plant where enemies try to bait out the Gravity Well and play around its cooldown.
- Now pulls Agents that are defusing the Spike
- If they are pulled out of defuse range, the defuse will be interrupted
As for Raze, she gets a small tweak that is more or less a nerf; you can now hear here as she flies through the sky. The visual cue is designed to allow opposing teams a better understanding of where she’s using her Satchel to fly toward.
Similar to Jett’s Tailwind, we’re adding a sound attached to Raze as she flies through the air that should help you better track her movement, and give you some heads up that danger might be on the way. Along with that, we’ve taken a pass on some of her ability VFX, in an attempt to reduce how much they obscure combat when exploding on the battlefield.
- Audio cues added to indicate when she’s boosted in the air from Blast Pack
- Explosion and Showstopper launching VFX updated so they are less obscuring and clear out of the play space faster
For Viper, Patch 2.07’s buff is exactly more of a bug fix. Apparently, her new -50 Decay hadn’t been rendering some enemies vulnerable to what should have been lethal shots. Most noticeably, the Martial. The following adjustments fix the issue, making her utility as dangerous to push through as originally intended:
- Fixed a bug when calculating if damage taken while decayed should be lethal for players with armor.Most noticeably, this was causing Marshal shots when the target was decayed 50 to reduce the enemy to 1 health instead of killing them.
I’ve pasted the rest of the patch notes below since they’re not particularly extensive.
- Yoru can no longer plant the Spike after using Gatecrash while his Dimensional Shift is active
- Fixed an unintended dome in the sky that Astra saw if she came out of Astral form while Omen is ulting
- Fixed a bug where placing Killjoy’s turret next to Sage’s Barrier Orb would sometimes break it
- Cypher can no longer place Spycam in Cyber Cage projectiles
- Fixed issue where Killjoy’s disbabled Alarmbots would chase far away targets that ran by them when it was re-enabled
- Fixed issue where Skye’s Guiding Light appeared to go underground when thrown directly down
- Fixed various localization issues with the server selector and the promotion screen
- Fixed a bug that was causing the Match History filter to function incorrectly
- When viewing a friend’s Match History, it’s possible to get an error message as the result of viewing too many filters too quickly. This limit is in place to help with performance, but should only happen when viewing a friend’s career.
- Fixed a bug where players would have to restart client to rid themselves of their competitive queue restriction after their restriction ended
- Fixed a bug where some players were not penalized for being AFK after a match ended during remakes
- Fixed a bug where players using a Russian keyboard were having issues with party push to talk
- Fixed a bug where players who swapped to Thai keyboard had their voice chat settings reset
For more on Valorant, check out my latest feature about why I agree that rushing into a pick/ban system isn’t the best idea for the game.