Metro 2033, 4A Games’ first-person shooter and survival horror game, is now free at Steam for PC for a limited time.
The free offer is the original 2010 version which was delisted from the digital storefront after it was remade in 2014 as Metro 2033 Redux. The new version had taken the enemy AI, controls, weapon handling, and more from its sequel, Metro Last Light, into the first game.
The franchise is currently celebrating its 10th anniversary with the free offer and a sale for the entire franchise on Steam. Both Metro 2033 Redux and Metro Last Light Redux can be bought for $3.99 each, while Metro Exodus, its Gold Edition, and various downloadable content are heavily discounted as well.
The franchise bundle containing all three games and add-ons can be had for about $30. The sale will last until March 15, same time as the free offer.
Developer 4A Games announced last year that it had begun working on the next installment of the franchise planned for PlayStation 5, Xbox Series X|S, and PC.
- New Metroid Dread Trailer Shows off Tons of Environments & Enemies
- New Metroid Dread Trailer Challenges Players to “Find Your Power”
- Metroid Dread’s Latest Trailer Reveals New Abilities to Deal With Terrifying Enemies
- Metroid Dread’s Latest Trailer Tees Up its Story; Dev Update Details Samus Abilities
- Only True Metroid Fans Can Ace this Trivia Quiz