Metro 2033 Free on Steam for a Limited Time Alongside Franchise Sale
Metro 2033, 4A Games’ first-person shooter and survival horror game, is now free at Steam for PC for a limited time.
The free offer is the original 2010 version which was delisted from the digital storefront after it was remade in 2014 as Metro 2033 Redux. The new version had taken the enemy AI, controls, weapon handling, and more from its sequel, Metro Last Light, into the first game.
Metro 2033 has been relisted on Steam to be given away and can be claimed until Monday, March 15 at 1 p.m. ET. Both the original and the new version have been given away for free in the past.
The franchise is currently celebrating its 10th anniversary with the free offer and a sale for the entire franchise on Steam. Both Metro 2033 Redux and Metro Last Light Redux can be bought for $3.99 each, while Metro Exodus, its Gold Edition, and various downloadable content are heavily discounted as well.
The franchise bundle containing all three games and add-ons can be had for about $30. The sale will last until March 15, same time as the free offer.
Developer 4A Games announced last year that it had begun working on the next installment of the franchise planned for PlayStation 5, Xbox Series X|S, and PC.
- Instead of Secret Treasure Behind Waterfalls, This Metroidvania Has Secret Waterfalls Behind Treasure
- Nintendo Survey Asks Players if They Bought Metroid Prime Remastered to “Pass the Time” Until Metroid Prime 4 Releases
- Metroid Fusion Is Coming to Nintendo Switch Online Next Week
- Metroid Prime Remastered Review – Prime Metroid
- Nintendo Direct Feb. 2023 Recap: Tears of the Kingdom, Pikmin 4, Metroid Prime, & More