It’ll always be impressive to see the newest hyper-realistic visuals in games year after year. But what about those art styles that stray from the norm? They’re equally as, if not more, impressive than any direction that goes for straight realism. And they deserve to be celebrated, so here are 10 eye-popping video game art styles we’ll never forget.
Ori and the Will of the Wisps
Ori and the Will of the Wisps is one of the most visually stunning games in recent memory. It won Twinfinite’s Best Art Direction award for 2020, and deservedly so.
This game is just full of wallpaper-worthy scenery from start to finish. Every single area looks like a painting in motion, from snowy mountaintops to dense forests, and plenty more.
Ori’s platforming is a joy to experience, but honestly, its vibrant 2.5D art style is reason enough to give the game a shot.
- Creepy Concept Art For Cancelled The Thing Video Game Sequel Surfaces
- 4 Video Game Sequels That Did Not Need to Happen
- Can You Name These Iconic Video Game Villains?
- 5 Video Game Side Characters That Deserve Their Own Game
- NieR, Atelier Ryza, Genshin Impact, Nekopara, & Many More Video Game Figures Revealed at Good Smile Event in Japan