It’ll always be impressive to see the newest hyper-realistic visuals in games year after year. But what about those art styles that stray from the norm? They’re equally as, if not more, impressive than any direction that goes for straight realism. And they deserve to be celebrated, so here are 10 eye-popping video game art styles we’ll never forget.
Ori and the Will of the Wisps
Ori and the Will of the Wisps is one of the most visually stunning games in recent memory. It won Twinfinite’s Best Art Direction award for 2020, and deservedly so.
This game is just full of wallpaper-worthy scenery from start to finish. Every single area looks like a painting in motion, from snowy mountaintops to dense forests, and plenty more.
Ori’s platforming is a joy to experience, but honestly, its vibrant 2.5D art style is reason enough to give the game a shot.
- 5 Video Game Heroes That Were Actually Kind of Jerks
- Illinois Rep. Introduces Bill Banning Sale of “Violent Video Games”
- New Study Finds Pigs Can Play Video Games With Their Snouts
- Atelier Ryza 2, Azur Lane, Granblue Fantasy & More: Here Are The Video Game Figures Revealed at Wonder Festival
- Here Are All of Our Best of 2020 in Video Games Award Winners