Iron Gate Studios’ sandbox survival game Valheim has proved a smash hit since launching in Early Access earlier this month, and its momentum appears to be gathering even more steam according to tracking over this weekend (spotted by Eurogamer)
Both Steam Charts and SteamDB have recorded hugely impressive numbers over the past few days. Peak concurrent players exceeded 360,000 across both sites, eclipsing the likes of GTA V and Apex Legends in the process to place comfortably within the top 5 most popular games on the client right now.
Its commercial performance has largely been driven by an overwhelming critical reception. Across media outlets and community reviews left on the game’s Steam page, there is universal praise for Valheim’s engrossing survival and role-playing systems, as well as its deeply immersive sandbox.
At this early stage of its development, you can count on running into a few bugs and performance issues here and there, but by all accounts, the foundation of the experience is absolutely top-notch. Standby for Twinfinite’s opinion in the coming days.
Until then, you can check out our extensive guide coverage by using the search function from the main page. You should also see some related content below that may prove useful if you’ve just started a Valheim playthrough.
- These Recreations of Skyrim’s Iconic Locations Make Me Feel Bad About My Valheim Builds
- Latest Valheim Patch Nerfs Greydwarf Farming, Issues Balancing Changes & Bug Fixes
- 6 Best Valheim Seeds You Need To Check Out for a Good Start
- 4 Features That Set Valheim Apart From Other Survival Games
- How Well Do You Know Valheim? Take This Trivia Quiz to Find Out