Early this morning, the Kingdom Hearts Union X Dark Road Management Team announced that online support for the Kingdom Hearts mobile game will be coming to a permanent end this Spring. And Dark Road will receive its final story update this September.
First, the Union X story will conclude in April. Then, service for Dark Road will end on May 30 at 6 PM PT. However, both parts will become available in offline modes following the end of service this May. But Dark Road will not be available again until update 5.0.0 in September.
The offline mode for the game will become available after update 4.4.0 (planned for a May 30 release). Below is the full list of changes coming to Union X in this update.
- Replay story in [Theater Mode]
- Watch the story from beginning to end
- Customize player avatar
- Most avatar parts will be available for use regardless of what was owned in the online version.
- Change Keyblade
- All Keyblades will be available regardless of what was owned in the online version.
- Story Quests, events, Medal leveling and enhancement, and other playable parts of the game will no longer be available.
- Play Mini Games [Classic Kingdom]
- The 5 mini games that are currently available in the online version will transfer over to the offline version. There will be no rankings.
- View your Records [Records]
- You can view your records from the time of data transfer with the version update.
Once version 5.0.0 launches in September, Dark Road will be playable again with the updates below. Union X will remain unchanged.
- Enjoy the story and the battles in [Main Quest]
- Replay the story in [Theater Mode]
- Story will be unlocked up to the ending.
- Earn BP and materials in [World Battle]
- Level up and equip accessories in [Stats]
- View the enemies you’ve defeated and Cards you own in [Enemy Album] & [Card Album]
- Buy items with BP in the [Shop]
- Craft accessories with the materials you’ve collected in [Crafting]
- All Cards can be purchased with BP in the [Shop].
- Missions, Events, PVE, Deals, and the Present Box will no longer be available following the end of service.
- In accordance with the closure of Deals, Shop Points will no longer be available. It is recommended to use all Shop Points by the end of service.
If you want to keep playing in the future, players will be able to back up their data to their devices starting with the 4.3.0 update released today.
There are currently no details about why they’re ending service for Union X and Dark Road — the latter of which launched less than one year ago. You can check out the official message from the Kingdom Hearts Union X Dark Road Management Team right here.
- 10 4K & HD Kingdom Hearts PC Wallpapers for Your Next Desktop Background
- Kingdom Hearts Series Is Coming to PC via Epic Games Store
- Kingdom Hearts Composer Yoko Shimomura Talks ‘Dearly Beloved’, Evolution of the Track & More
- Kingdom Hearts: Melody of Memory Review – Down Memory Lane
- Bayonetta & Kingdom Hearts III Sora Nendoroid Figures Revealed, And They’Re Super-Cute