As of right now, we’re currently in the thick of things with the Sinnoh countdown celebration. But earlier today, Niantic detailed the next stop on the road to Pokemon GO Tour: Kanto will be the Hoenn countdown celebration.
Starting on Jan. 19 at 10 AM local time, Pokemon from the Hoenn region will be appearing more often in the wild, raids and eggs until Jan. 24 at 8 PM local time.
This time around, Niantic actually released full lists of all the Pokemon that will be appearing more frequently in the wild, raids and eggs. You can find all of that information below.
- Treecko, Torchic, Mudkip, Taillow, Loudred, Nosepass, Aron, Meditite, Roselia, Carvanha, Numel, Baltoy, and more will be appearing more frequently in the wild. If you’re lucky, you might encounter a Shiny Aron!
- The following Pokémon will be hatching from 5 km Eggs: Skitty, Aron, Corphish, Lileep, Anorith, Bagon, and Beldum.
- The following Pokémon will be appearing in raids:
- Complete the Hoenn-themed Collection Challenge during the event by collecting Treecko, Torchic, Mudkip, Nincada, Nosepass, Aron, Plusle, Minun, and Bagon to receive three Silver Pinap Berries, XP, and an Incense. Head on over to the Today View to track your progress!
On top of that Collection Challenge, there will also be a Timed Research event that requires trainers to catch two Kyogre, two Groudon, and 30 Pokemon. This unlocks an encounter with a potentially shiny version of the Legendary Dragon-type, Rayquaza. But even if you don’t get a shiny, it’ll still have the event-exclusive attack, Hurricane.
There’s not much in terms of items that will be added to the store for purchase. However, from Jan. 19 at 1 PM PT until Jan. 25 at 1 PM PT, there will be a three Remote Raid Pass bundle available for free.
But arguably the biggest news is that any Metang you evolve into Metagross during the event will pick up the event-exclusive attack, Meteor Mash.
If you would like to check out the official release about the Hoenn countdown celebration from the Pokemon GO Team, you can find it right here.
- Mega Ampharos Out Now in Pokemon Go; Mareep Incense Day Coming Soon
- Pokemon GO’s Countdown Celebration Johto Details Revealed
- Pokemon GO: How To Catch Shadow Snover & Shadow Stunky
- Pokemon GO’s Roselia Community Day Announced for February
- Pokemon GO: How to Get Shiny Snivy