The annual Awesome Games Done Quick speedrunning marathon for charity began on Sunday afternoon as an online only event, which was announced last September.
The speedrunning showcase will run for one week until Sunday, Jan. 10 and will end with an All Dungeons run of The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time for the Wii Virtual Console. Check out the full schedule of runs which include Yakuza 6: The Song of Life, Tony Hawk’s Pro Skater 1+2, Hades, Carrion, Michael Jordan: Chaos in the Windy City, and more.
The runs will be hosted on the official Games Done Quick Twitch channel with the speedrunners playing from their respective homes. Awesome Games Done Quick 2021 will be raising money for the Prevent Cancer Foundation.
Last year’s event raised over $3.1 million for the organization, and was the last event the company held in front of a live crowd before the COVID-19 pandemic shut down most of the United States in March.
The charity marathons since then have been held online only, and includes the Corona Relief Done Quick held last April raising over $400,000 for COVID-19 relief and Summer Games Done Quick 2020 in August raising over $2.3 million for the Doctors Without Borders organization.
- Awesome Games Done Quick 2021 Raises Over $2.7 Million For Charity
- Awesome Games Done Quick 2021 Will Be Online Only in January
- Games Done Quick Raises Over $400,000 for COVID-19 Relief
- Games Done Quick Holds Speedrunning Event Supporting COVID-19 Relief
- Awesome Games Done Quick 2020 Raises $3.1 Million for Charity