The handsome, villainous swordsman from Final Fantasy VII, Sephiroth, has made his way into Super Smash Bros. Ultimate, along with a new stage, new Mii Fighter costumes, and a variety of memorable tunes from the iconic JRPG. The game also received a new update, and Nintendo has released the 10.0 patch notes, which we’ll list below.
It’s worth noting that this isn’t that big of an update in terms of character adjustments. This update is essentially all just for Sephiroth, but there will be another patch coming on Dec. 22 that will most definitely balance out some of the fighters, like usual.
Here are the Super Smash Bros. Ultimate 10.0 patch notes from the official Nintendo support page:
- The Sephiroth Challenge mode event has been added for a limited time.
- You can attempt this mode if you’ve purchased the Sephiroth Challenger Pack or the Fighters Pass Vol. 2. Defeating Sephiroth will unlock him as a playable fighter and grant access to his stage.
- This mode will appear on the upper left of the main menu. Press the + Button to take on the challenge.
- Once the event period is over, the mode will become unavailable, but Sephiroth and his stage will be unlocked immediately for anyone who has purchased the Sephiroth Challenger Pack or the Fighters Pass Vol. 2.
- Several issues have been fixed to improve gameplay experience.
If you missed out on the gameplay presentation from earlier this week, you can watch it in full down below:
If you’re wondering just how to get your hands on the villain from Final Fantasy VII in Super Smash Bros. Ultimate, we have a dedicated guide for that.
Super Smash Bros. Ultimate is now available exclusively for the Nintendo Switch. You can read our scored review here to find out why it’s so dang good.
- Sakurai Breaks Down how Pyra & Mythra Play in new Smash Bros. Ultimate Video; Reveals Release Date
- Bravely Default II to Get Featured in Super Smash Bros Ultimate’s Spirit Board this Week
- Xenoblade’s Mythra and Pyra Join Super Smash Bros. Ultimate in March
- Sephiroth’s Standard Moveset in Super Smash Bros. Is Refreshing
- Sephiroth Release Date, Geno Costume & More Revealed During Smash Bros. Presentation