Destiny 2’s meta goes through twists and turns as weapons rise in popularity and either counters are found, or Bungie ends up nerfing them into oblivion and new favorites rise. In this guide we’re going to run through the best weapons for Destiny 2’s PvP, Trials of Osiris and competitive game modes as of the Beyond Light expansion.
Let’s start this off by saying that, ultimately, what the best weapon for PvP and Trials of Osiris in Destiny 2 for you is whatever gun you’re most comfortable using. Sure, Felwinter’s Lie is great, but if you suck with shotguns well, it’s not going to be great for you. There’s no auto-win gun.
Also, it’s worth noting that this guide will only contain guns that have not been sunset, with the exception of Revoker, which is still incredibly popular with snipers because of its unique properties.
This is by no means a definitive list of every gun that is good in the Crucible, PvP and Trials of Osiris, this is just meant to be a greatest hits list of sorts, featuring a little bit of everything for players of all different tastes from our various weapon guides.
Let’s start with the best legendary weapons for PvP and then we’ll move onto the best exotic weapons for PvP.
Best Legendary Weapons for PvP & Trials of Osiris in Destiny 2
- Adored (Sniper Rifle, Energy, Arc) – Complete the quest, X In Your Sights.
- Astral Horizon (Shotgun, Kinetic) – Obtained via Trials of Osiris.
- Bad Omen (Rocket Launcher, Power, Void) – Random world drop.
- Blast Battue (Grenade Launcher, Power, Arc) – Obtained as Season of the Hunt reward.
- Cold Denial (Pulse Rifle, Kinetic) – Random world drop.
- Dire Promise (Hand Cannon, Kinetic) – Random world drop.
- Felwinter’s Lie (Shotgun, Energy, Solar) – Purchase from exotic kiosk.
- Gnawing Hunter (Auto Rifle, Energy, Void) – Random world drop.
- High Albedo (Sidearm, Kinetic) – Obtained via Europan weapon quests from Variks.
- Ikelos_SMG_v.1.02 (SMG, Energy, Arc) – Random world drop.
- Night Watch (Scout Rifle, Kinetic) – Random world drop.
- Revoker (Sniper Rifle, Kinetic) – Purchase from exotic kiosk.
- Sacred Provenance (Pulse Rifle, Kinetic) – Possible drop from completing encounters in the raid, Garden of Salvation.
- Seventh Seraph SAW (Machine Gun, Power, Arc) – Random world drop.
- Stars in Shadow (Pulse Rifle, Energy, Solar) – Possible reward from completing Crucible matches.
- Temptation’s Hook (Sword, Power, Arc) – Random world drop.
- The Summoner (Auto Rifle, Energy, Solar) – Obtained via Trials of Osiris.
- Trustee (Scout Rifle, Energy, Solar) – Possible drop from completing encounters in the raid, Deep Stone Crypt.
There’s a lot to break down up there, so we’ll just highlight a few of the best PvP weapons in particular that you’re going to see a lot of whether you’re in quickplay, comp’, or Trials of Osiris.
Adored is the go-to sniper for many players right now, replacing Revoker since it was sunset. That said, you’ll still see some Revokers out there from dedicated users that just don’t want to let go.
With Mindbender’s gone, Felwinter’s Lie has moved into the undisputed king of shotguns role now, with some players that don’t enjoy Felwinter’s style of play opting for other options such as The Chaperone and Astral Horizon.
Hand cannon users took a big bit with sunsetting on the legendary front. Dire Promise is really the only gun left that has any significant traction anymore that isn’t an exotic. Although not listed, Posterity, with its massive magazine size with Reconstruction active, could be a cheeky pick as well.
If you’re not a sniper, hand cannon, or a shotgun user, you have lots of other legendary options to choose from. Gnawing Hunger is an excellent legendary auto rifle that can roll with great perks.
Trustee is a very fun to use rapid-frame Scout Rifle and there are plenty of great pulse rifles to pick up as well, even with Bygones… gone. My personal pick would be a well-rolled Sacred Provenance.
Fusion rifle users are kind of lost right now with the sunsetting of a lot of popular legendary weapons such as Erentil FR. Your best bet is to migrate over to Bastion for now.
- Destiny 2 Beyond Light: Best New Legendary Weapons
- Destiny 2 Beyond Light: How to Unlock Stasis Subclasses
- Destiny 2 Beyond Light: How to Complete Umbral Incursions
- Destiny 2 Beyond Light: How to Get Mask of Bakris Exotic Hunter Helmet
- Destiny 2 Beyond Light: How to Get Precious Scars Titan Exotic Helmet