Nintendo of America has announced that Switch owners will finally be able to purchase single red/blue Joy-Con controllers starting on Nov. 9. The controllers will be available in Neon Blue (for the left) and Neon Red (for the right), with a suggested retail price of $39.99.
Of course, you can still purchase pairs of different-colored Joy-Cons from Nintendo as a bundle for $79.99, but this news is great for those who just need one Joy-Con for multiplayer purposes or because of the dreadful Joy-Con drift.
Nintendo has sold individual Joy-Con in the past but some are very difficult to obtain nowadays for a fair price.
Some Switch owners have experienced Joy-Con drift which is the term people are using for when their controllers move by themselves without any input at all, making it difficult to play certain games such as Breath of the Wild or Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, for example.
I personally have had to purchase a brand-new set of Joy-Con because of a drifting issue in my right Joy-Con that came with my Switch –it’s not fun at all.
The new solitary Joy-Con will pop up in retailers starting on Nov. 9.
- The Caligula Effect 2 for PS4 & Nintendo Switch Gets English Trailer that Certainly Feels Familiar
- Shin Hayarigami 3 Announced for PS4 & Nintendo Switch With First Disturbing Trailer and Screenshots
- RiMS Racing Reveals Release Date & Platforms: PS5, Xbox Series X|S, PS4, Xbox One, PC, & Switch
- Poison Control for PS4 & Nintendo Switch Celebrates Release With Launch Trailer
- New Nintendo Switch Lite Blue Edition Revealed; Launches Same Day as Miitopia