Nintendo of America has announced that Switch owners will finally be able to purchase single red/blue Joy-Con controllers starting on Nov. 9. The controllers will be available in Neon Blue (for the left) and Neon Red (for the right), with a suggested retail price of $39.99.
Of course, you can still purchase pairs of different-colored Joy-Cons from Nintendo as a bundle for $79.99, but this news is great for those who just need one Joy-Con for multiplayer purposes or because of the dreadful Joy-Con drift.
Nintendo has sold individual Joy-Con in the past but some are very difficult to obtain nowadays for a fair price.
Some Switch owners have experienced Joy-Con drift which is the term people are using for when their controllers move by themselves without any input at all, making it difficult to play certain games such as Breath of the Wild or Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, for example.
I personally have had to purchase a brand-new set of Joy-Con because of a drifting issue in my right Joy-Con that came with my Switch –it’s not fun at all.
The new solitary Joy-Con will pop up in retailers starting on Nov. 9.
- Persona 5 Strikers for PS4, Switch, & PC Getting Western Release in February 2021 [UPDATED]
- Re:ZERO for PS4, Switch, & PC Gets New English Trailer Showing Characters & Story
- Doraemon Getting New Nintendo Switch Exclusive Game Based on Upcoming Movie
- Here’s How to Download the Japanese Persona 5 Strikers/Scramble Demo on Switch
- Let’s Rank the Big Nintendo Switch Games of 2020