When Minecraft Steve came to Super Smash Bros. Ultimate on Nov. 13 as part of the big version 9.0.0 update, some players began to notice some glitches and other issues with Steve and his friends.
There were several issues with Steve’s minecart special move, sometimes trapping players inside it with no option to escape. Some players were able to walk through Steve’s blocks after getting KO’d, and worst of all, Minecraft Steve’s victory screen after a match was kind of NSFW, if you get what I’m saying.
OK, here’s a picture of how the win screen looked before the latest patch and then after the latest patch has been installed. Can you see the difference here? Here’s a hint: it involves his meat. That’s all I can say.
Nintendo has released all of the patch notes on its support page for Super Smash Bros. Ultimate, and we’ve listed them down below. It’s worth noting that Nintendo failed to mention anything about Steve’s new victory screen. Tis a shame.
Ver. 9.0.1 Update (Released October 21, 2020)
- Fixed the issue where sometimes an opposing fighter would go through the landscape when Steve/Alex created a block at a certain location and the opposing fighter destroyed the block.
- Fixed the issue where sometimes an opposing fighter would go through the landscape when Steve/Alex created a block at a certain location and the anvil created with a down air attack struck the opposing fighter.
- Fixed the issue where the opposing fighter would become uncontrollable when Steve/Alex hit them with a minecart in certain situations.
- Fixed the issue where if Steve/Alex’s minecart bounced off the wall, it would not hit the opposing fighter.
- Fixed the issue where opposing fighters carried in Steve/Alex’s minecart would sometimes be warped to the original location where they were picked up.
- Fixed the issue where certain fighters could go through Steve/Alex’s block once KO’d.
You can purchase the pass to have access to all six characters once they eventually release, or you can buy a specific fighters pack for $5.99 each.
- Minecraft Steve in Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Is Quirky but Packs a Punch
- Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Ver. 9.0.0 Out Now; Here Are All of the Buffs and Nerfs
- Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Reveals Minecraft Steve Gameplay, New Mii Fighter Costumes & amiibo
- The Internet Reacts to Minecraft Steve Coming to Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
- Minecraft Steve Is Coming to Super Smash Bros. Ultimate