The latest Mario Kart title from Nintendo is now available for the Nintendo Switch. Mario Kart Live: Home Circuit isn’t your traditional karting experience that we’re all used to, though. It uses AR technology and physical Switch-controlled Mario karts to “bridge the gap between the virtual world of Mario Kart and the real world of your home.”
To celebrate the title’s launch, Nintendo has released a trailer with adorable narration. I assume it is from a child or a very talented adult voice actor pretending to sound like a kid. Either way, Mario Kart Live seems like an enjoyable and exciting new way to experience the kart racing phenomenon.
You can purchase the game for the suggested retail price of $99.99 USD and you can choose between a Mario kart or a Luigi kart. The package also comes with four gates for assembling your tracks, some arrow signboards, a USB charging cable for the kart, and a big ol’ cardboard box to fit it all in.
You can enjoy the launch trailer down below. Make sure to turn the volume up to hear some clever quotes such as the one I thew in this article’s title.
And here’s how Nintendo describes the game:
In Mario Kart Live: Home Circuit, create your very own course in your home as you watch the Mario Kart come into the real world like never before! Race in different Grand Prix Cups to unlock customization options for your own Custom Race, or play with up to 3 friends as you race for the finish line.
Mario Kart Live: Home Circuit is now available exclusively for the Switch.
- Fan Creates the Ultimate Rainbow Road Track for Mario Kart Live: Home Circuit
- Mario Kart Live: Home Circuit Players Keep Messing With Their Pets
- Mario Kart Live: Home Circuit Review – Living Room Racing
- Mario Kart Live: Home Circuit Continues to Impress With Its Use of AR Technology, Check Out the Trailer and Dev Interview Here
- Mario Kart Live: Home Circuit Coming to Switch in October