Wow. Today has been an incredible day for fans of Nintendo and everything Mario related. The Japanese gaming company unexpectedly released a Super Mario Bros. 35th anniversary direct to announce several new titles and ports that will be coming to the Switch.
The most notable reveal from the presentation was Super Mario 3D All-Stars, a three-part collection that includes enhanced ports of Super Mario 64, Super Mario Sunshine, and Super Mario Galaxy. Unfortunately, Super Mario Galaxy 2 isn’t part of the package for some odd reason.
And to celebrate the big anniversary for the ol’ mustachioed plumber, Nintendo has slightly redesigned the Switch eShop. You can check it out down below via a tweeted video from @SuperNintendad:
Whenever the eShop begins to load up a page, you can spot the Mario 64 version of the plumber running. There’s also a new side-bar on the left that has logos and pictures of various Super Mario titles and characters from the series.
It’s not anything too major but it’s still a nice touch to celebrate Mario’s 35th anniversary. You can also check out the brand-new eShop listings for Super Mario 3D World + Bowser’s Fury and Super Mario 3D All-Stars. The latter is only going to be available for purchase for a limited time so make sure to pre-order if you plan on picking it up.
- Blind Fate: Edo no Yami for PS5, Xbox, PC, PS4, & Switch Shows Off Stylish Gameplay in New Trailer
- Samurai Warriors 5 Demo Released in Japan for PS4, Xbox One, and Nintendo Switch
- Shin Megami Tensei V for Nintendo Switch Gets More Gameplay Showing Sophia, Battle, Fusions, & More
- Super Robot Wars 30 Also Announced for PS4 & PC Via Steam on Top of Switch
- Shin Megami Tensei V for Nintendo Switch Gets New Screenshots & First Awesome Gameplay