Sony Interactive Entertainment has announced that a new State of Play livestream presentation will occur this Thursday on Aug 6 at 1 PM PT/4 PM ET. This latest episode will for about 40 minutes and will mostly focus on third-party published content coming to PS4 and PS VR.
There will be some news about several upcoming PS5 titles, but the announcements will be for indie titles and third-party content.
Sid Shuman, Senior Director at SIE Content Communications, promises that there will not be any news on titles coming from Sony’s first-party studios, such as Insomniac (Spider-Man) and Santa Monica (God of War). There will also be no updates on the PS5 console itself or details on hot topics such as pricing and pre-order dates.
Coincidentally, Nintendo also released a Nintendo Direct Mini: Partner Showcase a couple of weeks back, which was also a presentation geared towards third-party titles coming to the Switch. During it, there was a new trailer for Shin Megami Tensei V, a reveal for Cadence of Hyrule DLC, and some other small surprises.
- PlayStation’s China Hero Project Reveals New Trailers for Convallaria, In Nightmare, Evotiction, and Hardcore Mecha
- PlayStation China Will Host Event Tomorrow; Games from China Hero Project Will Be Showcased
- Densha de GO!! for PS4 & Nintendo Switch Gets First Gameplay; PlayStation VR Mode Also Showcased
- PlayStation Boss Teases More PS5 Games From Japan; Confirms Strategic Importance of Japanese Devs
- PlayStation 5’s Final Pre-Release Digital Showcase Drops Next Week