Sony Interactive Entertainment has announced that a new State of Play livestream presentation will occur this Thursday on Aug 6 at 1 PM PT/4 PM ET. This latest episode will for about 40 minutes and will mostly focus on third-party published content coming to PS4 and PS VR.
There will be some news about several upcoming PS5 titles, but the announcements will be for indie titles and third-party content.
Sid Shuman, Senior Director at SIE Content Communications, promises that there will not be any news on titles coming from Sony’s first-party studios, such as Insomniac (Spider-Man) and Santa Monica (God of War). There will also be no updates on the PS5 console itself or details on hot topics such as pricing and pre-order dates.
Coincidentally, Nintendo also released a Nintendo Direct Mini: Partner Showcase a couple of weeks back, which was also a presentation geared towards third-party titles coming to the Switch. During it, there was a new trailer for Shin Megami Tensei V, a reveal for Cadence of Hyrule DLC, and some other small surprises.
- New PlayStation State of Play Coming Next Week About Third-Party PS5 & PS4 Games
- Intriguing Dystopian Adventure Game, Backbone, Confirmed For PlayStation & Xbox Launch Next Week
- Among Us Coming to PlayStation in December, Will Support Cross-Play
- Doctor Who: The Edge of Reality Gets Epic Launch Trailer for Xbox, PlayStation & PC
- PlayStation VR Celebrates 5th Anniversary With Free Games Galore