Today Nintendo released a brand-new accolades trailer for Paper Mario: The Origami King, the Japanese company’s latest big Switch-exclusive title. Like any other accolades trailer for video games, it showcases several positive and enthusiastic review scores and quotes from a variety of outlets.
After playing several hours of Paper Mario: The Origami King myself, this latest entry in the series deserves much praise for building upon what makes this franchise so incredibly charming while also doing completely new things with its battle system.
Is it the turn-based RPG successor to The Thousand-Year Door? No. But it’s a damn fine video game.
You can enjoy the trailer down below for yourself:
Paper Mario: The Origami King launched for the Nintendo Switch on July 19, coincidentally the same release date as Ghost of Tsushima, Sony’s last major exclusive title for the PS4 until the launch of the PS5 this holiday season.
If you’re one of the many people that are currently enjoying Paper Mario: The Origami King, make sure to check out some of our guides! We’ll be sure to help you find all of those Shell Stones or answer those pesky Trial of Wisdom questions.
You can also read about this game-breaking bug that could potentially destroy your save file or a ranking of the best Paper Mario bosses of all time.
- New Muv-Luv Action Game Project Mikhail for PC & Switch Gets First Gameplay in English
- RiMS Racing for PS5, Xbox Series X|S, PS4, Xbox One, PC, & Switch Reveals First Gameplay Trailer
- Nintendo Switch Has Shipped 84.59 Million Units; Over 110 Million Predicted by March 2022
- Tantei Bokumetsu for PS4 & Switch Reveals Scienec Detective in New Trailer
- Tony Hawk’s Pro Skater 1+2 Set to Launch For Switch Next Month