After having been revealed earlier this month for the first time, the next installment in the acclaimed Project Cars franchise has a launch date for later this summer, Bandai Namco and Slightly Mad Studios has announced today. Project Cars 3 will be available for PS4, Xbox One, and PC via Steam on Aug. 28.
Project Cars 3 is set to feature the biggest roster of cars in the franchise’s history, new tracks (including venues such as the home of the Brazilian Grand Prix, Interlagos, and the roads of Tuscany), plus an exciting, fully-fledged career mode that will entice players to go on a driver’s journey from weekend warrior to racing legend.
Also new to the franchise are authentic car upgrades, customization and personalization options for both cars and drivers, and improved assists to welcome rookie drivers into the thrilling world of motor racing at its most intense levels.
Here’s a list of key features:
- Own Your Journey
- Race over 200 elite-brand race and road cars.
- Over 140 global tracks.
- Experience the visual spectacle of true-to-life dynamic all-seasons, all-weather racing.
- Wide set of race conversion kits.
- Race to earn Credits and XP to:
- Buy and own hundreds of cars.
- Upgrade cars with realistic performance parts that affect handling and power.
- Customize your cars’ liveries with racing- and community-inspired elements along with decals, rims, tyres, license plates, race numbers, and more.
- Personalize your drivers with characters, outfits, and helmets.
- Feel Each Moment
- Fully scalable assists for all skill levels.
- New tyre model for convincing & fun handling.
- 24-hour cycle, dynamic all-seasons, all-weather racing.
- Unrivalled controller experience.
- Visceral sense of speed.
- Intense crash effects and authentic car-contact.
- Enhanced AI.
- 12K and best-in-class VR Support (on PC).
- Earn Every Win
- New and deeply engaging career mode.
- Battle your way up from weekend warrior to racing legend.
- New and compelling Multiplayer and Community Modes.
- Fun and exciting Daily Challenges.
For more on Project Cars 3, check out Twinfinite’s recent article about Paul Rustchynsky’s involvement with the project, the man behind the acclaimed racing game Driveclub.
- Ready Player One Book Sequel, Ready Player Two, to Release in November
- The Original Shantae to Get a Limited Run GBC Physical Release this September
- Limited Run Games Reveals Thirty-Four Games Getting Physical Copies, Including 2 For the Game Boy Color
- You Now Can Own Ellie’s Guitar from The Last of Us Part II
- Grandia HD Collection is Getting a Limited Run Physical Release for Nintendo Switch