Last of Us 2 features a lot of different situations where you’ll need to know which approach is better: stealth or action. Regardless of which one occurs, throwing items is always going to be an important mechanic. Here is everything you need to know about how to throw items in Last of Us 2.
While weapons and ammo are certainly going to be the most important resource in the game, it is important to stock up on – and not overlook the importance of – throwable items as well. These items include bricks and bottles, which will serve as important tools for stunning and distracting enemies.
How to Throw Items in Last of Us 2
All you need to do to throw an item in Last of Us 2 is press down on the dpad. This brings up your throwable items menu.
Once you’ve selected the item, hold L2 to aim and then press R2 to toss it. You can either hit enemies with these items to stun them or even toss them at a spot near them to distract them.
Alongside items, the game also features a handful of other equipment you can throw too. Items like the Stun Bombs are tossed the exact same way as bottles and menus.
Just select the bomb you want to toss on the dpad, and then press L2 to aim and then R2 to throw.
While it may take a little bit to get the hang of how exactly you want to aim each item you toss, it won’t be long before your distracting and stunning enemies like a pro.
How to throw items in Last of Us 2:
- Pick up bricks and bottles located throughout the world.
- Push the dpad and select the item you want to throw.
- Press L2 to aim and then R2 to throw.
And that is everything you need to know about how to throw items in Last of Us 2. For more tips, tricks, and FAQs, be sure to check out our official guides wiki.
- Last of Us 2: Does Abby Die? Answered (Spoilers)
- Last of Us 2: Does Tommy Die? Answered (Spoilers)
- Last of Us 2: Where Does Dina Go? (Spoilers)
- Last of Us 2: Is There Unlimited Ammo? Answered
- Last of Us 2 Story Summary & Ending (Spoilers)