Surviving in the world of Last of Us 2 isn’t easy, and you’ll likely come away with some scrapes and bruises. Luckily, Ellie is one tough cookie, allowing her to heal even the toughest of wounds. Here is everything you need to know about how to heal your health in Last of Us 2 so that you’re not dying all the time.
How to Heal Your Health in Last of Us 2
Just like in the previous installment, a majority of your healing is going to come from items you gather in the world. You’ll either be able to use these items to heal a certain percentage of your health or to craft items that will do so.
Food and health kits are the two main items you’ll find scattered throughout. All you have to do to use them is equip them by pressing the d-pad and holding R2.
Note that while the kits heal more, they also require you to finish the bandaging animation before you heal.
Alongside food and health kits, you can also increase the amount of healing that is done by unlocking certain skills.
Skills Trees (Light Spoiler Warning)
When you progress through a certain point in the game, you’ll be able to customize skill trees for two characters: Ellie and Abby. A couple of the skills you can unlock lets each character improve their interaction with Health Kits.
You can increase the amount of that these kits heal by unlocking the following skills for each character:
- Ellie: Crafting Tree – Level 4 – Craft Improved Health Kits
- Abby: Close Quarters Tree – Level 2 – Craft Improved Health Kits
You can also increase the speed at which you heal by unlocking the following skills for each character:
- Ellie: Survival Tree – Level 2 – Faster Health Kits
- Abby: Close Quarters Tree – Level 4 – Faster Health Kits
- 5 Unanswered Questions We Still Have After Finishing The Last of Us 2 (Spoilers)
- Last of Us 2: Is Lev a Girl? Explained (Spoilers)
- Last of Us 2: Does Abby Die? Answered (Spoilers)
- Last of Us 2: Does Tommy Die? Answered (Spoilers)
- Last of Us 2: Where Does Dina Go? (Spoilers)