Today Square Enix reached out with a press release to announce a free demo coming day and date with the Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles Remastered Edition.
The Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles Remastered Edition Lite allows players on PS4, Switch, iOS, and Android to enjoy the first three dungeons of the game both in single-player and multiplayer, with cross-play enabled.
On top of that, players who own the full game can host players with the Lite version in multiplayer and 13 dungeons in the game together.
Save data is carried over from the Lite version to the full game.
Incidentally, the iOS and Android versions will simply let you download the Lite edition for free and you can upgrade to the full game via an in-app purchase. On PS4 and Switch, the Lite version and the full game are separate downloads.
Below you can check out a batch of new screenshots of the game.
Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles Remastered is coming to PS4, Nintendo Switch, iOS, and Android on August 27. If you want to see more, you can enjoy the latest video from earlier today and the previous trailer.
In case you aren’t familiar with the game, below you can find a list of new features added with the remaster.
- Quick Chat – new tactical commands to give easy text-based instructions to teammates during online multiplayer play.
- Magic Timer – a new Timer mechanic, helping players to synchronize and combine their magical attacks to unleash more powerful abilities.
- UI Improvements – Increases to material capacity limits allow for more trouble-free adventures and a mini-map has been added to the game’s UI ensuring players always have a tactical understanding of their environments.
- Additional Difficulty Modes – after finishing the main scenario, high difficulty dungeons will be available for daring adventurers to explore, including the Mine of Cathuriges which will include powerful enemies and new challenges alike. These challenging post-game dungeons are exclusive to the full release of FINAL FANTASY CRYSTAL CHRONICLES Remastered Edition.
- Updated Soundtrack – over 50 musical tracks have been newly-composed especially for FINAL FANTASY CRYSTAL CHRONICLES Remastered Edition by the original game’s composer, Kumi Tanioka, including newly-recorded versions of the beloved theme songs Sound of the Wind and Starry Moonlit Night.