EA Play Live is currently under way with a number of games being showcased on stream. One of those games is Apex Legends. Fans were told to tune in today for some new Apex news, and the presentation did not disappoint. Apex Legends is getting crossplay and a Switch version this fall.
Apex Legends is finally on its way to Nintendo Switch and Steam. On top of that, it’s also getting crossplay functionality between every platform it’s on. Both the crossplay feature and the Switch version are coming this fall.
If crossplay and a Switch version aren’t enough for you, there are also major gameplay changes coming to Apex Legends in the Lost Treasures collection event.
The collection event is adding the following on June 23:
- Limited Time Mode – Armed and Dangerous Evolved
- All-new Town Takeover – Crypto’s Map Room
- Exclusive Event Prize Track with two Legendary Weapon skins
- 24 Event Limited premium cosmetic available directly or through Lost Treasure Event Packs
- Introducing ‘Special Offers’ page featuring
- All new Rare skins and charms
- Mirage Heirloom Set Preview
- Unlock all 24 Lost Treasures cosmetics during the event and unlock the Mirage Heirloom set for free
The Armed and Dangerous mode forces every player to use only shotguns and sniper rifles while only wearing Evo Shields. If that doesn’t sound crazy enough, the mode is removing respawn beacons while giving you access to one-time use portable ones.
Check out the trailer below to see everything coming in the new event: