During an airing of a college edition of Jeopardy last night, there was a category based on “World of Video Games” with one of the questions showing footage of Naughty Dog’s upcoming third-person action title, The Last of Us Part II, and asking the players what game it was.
Here’s how The Last of Us Part II was described in the question from the host: “The long-awaited upcoming sequel to this PlayStation game revisits Ellie and Joel after a cross-country trek filled with zombies.”
A player named Xiaoke ended up gaining $2000 for answering the question and she also answered another question correctly that asked her to identify Qbert, the 80s arcade game.
Naughty Dog even ended up tweeting out the Jeopardy question and thanked the show for featuring its game in the semi-finals.
Neil Druckmann, creative director on The Last of Us Part II, also tweeted about the trivia show question and made a cheeky comment about how cool it was to see his game on TV in this manner, but that the game doesn’t have zombies, as was mentioned by the host’s clue.
You can watch a longer clip of the gaming segments from the episode of Jeopardy right here:
The Last of Us Part II was originally slated to launch on Feb. 21, 2020 but it was then delayed until May 29, 2020. In an unfortunate turn of events, the game was recently pushed back once again due to the COVID-19 pandemic. No release date has been set just set.
- The Last of Us Part II’s Returning Stalker Enemies Should Have You Nervous
- 11 Fast Facts You Need to Know About The Last of Us Part II
- The Last of Us Part II Video Is All About Attention to Detail and Tech and Research Enabling It
- The Last of Us Part II Brutal PS Vita Cameo Features Hotline Miami
- The Last of Us Part II Gameplay Shows Setting, Terrifying Enemies, Mechanics, Combat, & Much More