Criterion and EA have announced the release date for Burnout Paradise Remastered for the Nintendo Switch. This remaster will mark the first time that the racing classic will be available on a handheld console.
EA revealed the release date today via its official site along with some features coming to the remaster:
- The Definitive Burnout Paradise Experience – Wreak havoc in Paradise City on-the-go with Burnout Paradise Remastered on Nintendo Switch! Fully remastered and meticulously recreated, Burnout Paradise Remastered delivers the complete original game with eight DLC packs, including the Cops and Robbers pack, Legendary Cars, Burnout Bikes, and Big Surf Island with new locations, challenges, and vehicles to discover.
- The Ultimate Driving Playground – Forget the rulebook as you blaze a path of speed and destruction throughout Paradise City. Smash through traffic and rule the roads in adrenaline-fuelled online races and social challenges with up to eight other players, or pass the controller (or console!) in local party play.
- Full-Throttle Graphics – Optimized for the Nintendo Switch with a range of technological enhancements, soak in the sights of an open world in 60 glorious frames per second, high-resolution textures, and pinch-and-pull map controls.
You can watch a trailer down below:
Burnout Paradise Remastered launches on the Switch on June 19, 2020, and you can pre-order the racing classic right now for $49.99.
The Switch port was originally announced during a Nintendo Direct Mini earlier this year, alongside a new trailer for Xenoblade Chronicles: Definitive Edition, and the announcement that a character from ARMS will be joining the Super Smash Bros. Ultimate roster.
- New Burnout Paradise Remastered Trailer Details 8 Key Features
- Burnout Paradise Remastered Races Onto Nintendo Switch This Year
- Burnout Successor Dangerous Driving Arrives in April 2019
- Criterion Founders Reveal Two New Games Similar to Burnout Series
- Burnout Paradise Remastered Speeds to the Top of the UK Game Charts