Doom Eternal is a tough game, on any difficulty. Therefore, you’re going to need all the help you can get when it comes to overcoming all the demons you’re going to face. If you’re a beginner to the game, here are our Doom Eternal Tips and Tricks for beginners.
Don’t Stop Moving
No, this is nothing to do with the hit S Club 7 song, it’s just the most important tip for any Doom Eternal player. Particularly in the latter missions, you’ll often be overwhelmed by enemies with little room to breath.
Some enemies are good from range, some will try to lock onto you, and others will try to grab you when up close. The only way to manage all of them is to stay on the move.
Make use of your double jump and any boost pads that are on the ground, but the dash is the most important ability to work into how you play. You can dash when on the ground to dodge attacks and dash when in the air to get away quickly.
Just don’t stop, even when trying to take out demons. Strafe while you’re shooting and even attack different enemies all the time, rather than focus on just one.
- Doom Eternal Coming to Xbox Game Pass in October
- New Doom Eternal The Ancient Gods Gameplay Trailer Revealed
- DOOM Eternal Adds Render Modes to Make Your Screenshots Look Even More Awesome
- DOOM Eternal The Ancient Gods Expansion Revealed in New Teaser
- Doom Eternal, Elder Scrolls Online Coming to PS5 & Xbox Series X