Doom Eternal is bigger and more brutal than the 2016 reboot. There are loads of ways to upgrade the Doom Slayer and all of his weapons. So that you can make your abilities more useful, here’s everything you need to know about how to get and equip runes in Doom Eternal.
In case you’re not already familiar with them, Runes are one of Doom Eternal’s many kinds of upgrades. Most of them allow you to enhance abilities, such as the Glory Kill, to make combat a little easier.
How to Get & Equip Runes in Doom Eternal
As you play through the game’s missions, you’ll come across floating blue statues and you can interact with them. Once you find something like what’s in the image down below, press R3 to interact with it.
Then, you’ll be able to press and hold X/A to choose the one you want to unlock.
Once you’ve unlocked more than three, you can switch them in and out. To equip runes at that point, you first need to press the Touchpad if you’re on PS4 (View on Xbox One) to bring up the menu.
Then, press R1/RB to tab over to Runes. From there, press X/A on the rune you want to make active, then X/A on the one you want to replace. The new rune will then be active when you head back into the action.
Time needed: 1 hour.
In short, to get and equip runes in Doom Eternal
- Find the totems out in the world.
- You can equip them from there or press the touchpad/view button to switch them.
- Press X/A on the rune you want to equip, then the same button on the one you want to swap out.
- Xbox Game Pass Adds Control, Doom Eternal, and More in December
- Doom Eternal Adds New Master Level: Super Gore Nest; Will Come to Xbox Game Pass PC Soon
- Doom Eternal Is Coming to Switch Next Week, New Trailer Reveals
- Doom Eternal The Ancient Gods Part One’s Epic Launch Trailer Hypes the Mayhem
- Cyberpunk 2077, Ghost of Tsushima, Atelier Ryza, Doom Eternal & Plenty More Figures Revealed by Good Smile