After the reveal of the new trailer of Resident Evil 3, Capcom followed up with a press release including plenty of new screenshots and character artwork from the game.
We get a rather extensive look at the cast of the game, which looks really awesome in its current-gen incarnation.
You can enjoy the full gallery below.
The press release also included plenty of information on the game’s characters and titular villain. You can read the full description below.
“Fans got just a quick glimpse of Nemesis swathed in a wall of fire when Resident Evil 3 was announced in December – new art assets today show how truly devastating he can be. Umbrella Corp.’s unrelenting bioweapon hunts Jill with an arsenal of heavy duty weapons, including an enormous flame thrower and a laser-guided rocket launcher that leave little hope for escape.
In addition to its hardware, a new screenshot depicts Nemesis’ elongated tentacle mutation that strikes with lethal accuracy. These grotesque protrusions only emerge as the black bandages obscuring Nemesis’ mutilated form fall apart to reveal the results of Umbrella’s cruel experimentation.
Jill tries multiple times to destroy Nemesis, but thanks to its highly regenerative capabilities, it keeps coming back stronger than before.
While Jill is perfectly capable of taking care of herself, looking out for her six is Carlos Oliveira, a U.B.C.S. member experienced with guerilla warfare, proficient with various weapons, and trained to fly small aircraft. His team arrived in Raccoon City expecting an easy evacuation mission, but were quickly overwhelmed.
As Carlos organizes their extraction, his courage and sense of justice compel him to go beyond his orders to uncover the truth about Umbrella Corp.’s devious actions. The latest assets depict Carlos’ harrowing ordeal in Raccoon City, including moments where players take control of the character throughout Resident Evil 3.”
- Brad Vickers – He is one of the sole survivors of the Mansion Incident (depicted in the original Resident Evil) and helped with investigations into Umbrella Corp. As one of the last surviving members of S.T.A.R.S. in Raccoon City, he’s also in Nemesis’ sights.
- Mikhail Victor – The U.B.C.S. commanding officer is a leader with years of military and commanding experience. Mikhail was seriously injured in his team’s mission to evacuate survivors from Raccoon City. Despite his dire circumstance, he still does as much as he can to help civilians and his platoon. It is his compassion to save Raccoon City’s citizens that convince Jill to help their cause.
- Nicholai Ginovaef – This U.B.C.S. team leader is incredibly resilient, cold and calculating, willing to make the necessary sacrifices for the mission and his own benefit. Nicholai dismisses Jill as a “bleeding heart” who will get herself killed.
- Tyrell Patrick – This U.B.C.S. member is a seasoned veteran specializing in hacking and disabling security devices. Tyrell provides invaluable support from behind the lines.
- Murphy Seeker – This U.B.C.S. member and former U.S. Marine is an exceptional sniper. Like Mikhail, he also gets seriously injured during the Raccoon City mission.
- Dario Rosso – A civilian Jill encounters in a warehouse in uptown Raccoon City who is reeling from the shock of losing his family. Dario rejects Jill’s pleas to escape the crumbling city.
- Hunter enemy – Both Jill and Carlos will encounter this terrifying new monster in Resident Evil 3. These bioweapons were created by combining the genetic material of humans and reptiles, creating an incredibly fast and powerful adversary.
The remake will come to PS4, Xbox One, and PC via Steam on April 3, 2020.