The long-awaited western release of Phantasy Star Online 2 draws ever closer, as sign-up have officially opened for the closed beta.
Announced at E3 2019, fans have been begging for a western release of the game for over six years, ever since its release in Japan in July 2012.
The upcoming beta will be exclusive to Xbox One, and you can register by using the Xbox Insider Program. You can see more info at the official site, but we’ll make sure to walk you through it below. At the moment, a date hasn’t been announced for the beta.
Microsoft has provided step-by-step instructions for how to install the Xbox Insider Program and sign up for the beta, which we’ve copied below for you.
How to Install Install Xbox Insider Hub
- Navigate to the Store tab on your Xbox One console, or the Microsoft Store app on your Windows 10 device.
- Select Search and look for “Xbox Insider Hub.”
- Select the Xbox Insider Hub and choose “get” or “install.”
Sign Up For the Phantasy Star Online 2 Closed Beta
- Launch the Xbox Insider Hub on your Xbox One or Windows 10 device.
- From the main dashboard, select Insider Content.
- Under “Games,” select “Phantasy Star Online 2.”
- Select “Join” to register for early sign-up.
Phantasy Star Online 2 casts you as a member of the ARKS task force, entrusted with exploring the universe and combating an evil force called Falspawn.
The action-MMO lets you form a party with three other players, or explore certain zones that allow for up to twelve players. Over the years the game has received a ton of content updates, new cosmetics, quests, and more.
Phantasy Star Online 2 will come to Xbox One and PC sometime in 2020. While you’re here, check out the announcement trailer for the Phantasy Star Online 2 anime, or the reveal of a new dual-wielding class called Etoile.