Rockstar has announced via a press release that the PC version of Red Dead Redemption 2 is now available for pre-purchase via the Rockstar Games Laucher, which allows users to download and play the latest Rockstar title on PC.
Rockstar also revealed some of the first screenshots of the PC port, which you can view down below, and some additional details on the title, like pre-purchase bonuses.
From now until Oct. 22, if you pre-purchase the game for PC via Rockstar’s launcher, you will receive some pretty cool bonuses such as a free upgrade to the special or ultimate editions of the game, two free PC titles from Rockstar’s library, and some in-game items like a War Horse, Outlaw survival kit, a treasure map, cash for story mode, and 50 gold bars for Red Dead Online use.
There are also a ton of new content coming to the story mode of RDR2 that was posted to the blog, which you can check out down below:
3 New Bounty Hunter Missions:
- Herman Zizendorf has been stealing tools from tradesmen – track him down in Blackwater.
- Ex-Confederate Cavalry Officer Camille de Millemont is wanted dead or alive out by Catfish Jacksons, but his loyal men are never far behind.
- Bart Cavanaugh and his gang are camping out in Big Valley. Take Bart dead or alive without alerting his gang if you want to avoid a whole mess of trouble.
2 New Gang Hideouts:
- Take on the deadly Del Lobos gang in new hideouts at Gaptooth Breach and Solomon’s Folly.
2 New Treasure Maps:
- Search for treasures across the new Landmarks of Riches and The Elemental Trail maps for gold bars and other rewards.
New Mission “To The Ends of The Earth” – collect requested herbs for a range of rewards
New Weapons for Story Mode including:
- M1899 Pistol – all-new Semi-automatic handgun with clip loaded ammunition
- Evans Repeater – high capacity repeater (previously available in Red Dead Online only)
- High Roller Revolver – ornate double-action revolver (previously available in Red Dead Online only)
- Le Mat Revolver – powerful revolver with the ability to shoot shotgun shells (previously available in Red Dead Online only)
New Horses for Story Mode including:
- Warped Brindle Arabian – a fast and agile mount
- Few Spot Appaloosa – beautiful and hardy, ideal for cross-country journeys
- Perlino Andalusian – a healthy, sturdy animal, ideal for hunting (previously available in Red Dead Online only)
- Red Chestnut Arabian – a fleet-footed beast with a distinctive coat (previously available in Red Dead Online only)
- Plus 3 new wild horse variations – keep an eye out for wild herds featuring the Buttermilk Buckskin Kentucky Saddler, Liver Chestnut Morgan and Gold Palomino Tennessee Walker
5 New Trinkets to collect with new effects:
- Hawk Talon – permanently decreases Stamina bar drain speed by 30% when drawing a bow
- Cat Eye – permanently increases the length of Fortifying tonic effects by 20%
- Shark Tooth – permanently increases horse bonding experience bonus by 10%
- Turtle Shell – permanently increases health bar refill speed by 10%
- Crow Beak – permanently increases looted ammo by 10%
Earlier this morning, we also got a good look at the PC specs for Red Dead Redemption 2 and it turns out that you won’t be needing a super-computer to run the massive game.
Red Dead Redemption 2 is due for release on Nov. 5 for PC and the console version is currently available for Xbox One and PS4. For more on the game, you can read our glowing review right here and our expansive Guide Wiki for helpful tips and tricks if you’re new to the open world shooter.