Electronic Arts and Respawn Entertainment just revealed a few more interesting details about the upcoming adventure Star Wars: Jedi Fallen Order.
Respawn Founder Vince Zampella and Game Director Stig Asmussen talked about the gameplay and what we can expect from the title.
You can read a recap of what they mentioned below.
- The team is doing its best to honor the franchise.
- The combat feels “really good” you can block, parry, and deflect with your lightsaber.
- It’s all freeform, and enemies react in each other in different ways every time you play.
- Skill points are spent in force abilities: there is force push, pull, double jump, slow, and more.
- There are several different kinds of Stormtroopers.
- BD-1 is an exploration droid. “BD” stands for “Buddy Droid.” He can scan the environment, eject stim packs on player input (you’re defenseless when that happens) and hack doors.
- The game is all canon.
- There is no choice between light and dark. The developers did not provide a reason for that besides the fact that it’s a “Jedi Story.”
- More will be shown at the Microsoft conference tomorrow.
You can also see a couple of new screenshots showcased during the stream.
If you want to see more of Star Wars: Jedi Fallen Order, you can also see today’s gameplay reveal, some performance capture starring actor Cameron Monaghan Monaghan, the new droid, and the new Purge Troopers. You can also enjoy a few pieces of lovely concept art and the cinematic reveal trailer.
The game will release on November 15 for PS4, Xbox One, and PC. Pre-orders are already available on all platforms.