Following today’s reveal of the Final Fantasy VII remake, Square Enix sent in a press release including new screenshots and news on voice acting and subtitles.
First of all, we learn that the game will come with English, Japanese, French, and German voiceovers. In terms of subtitles, it’ll have English, French, LatAm Spanish, Brazilian Portuguese, Italian, German, and Spanish options.
On top of the news about the audio tracks and subtitles, we get to see screenshots from gameplay and cutscenes. As you can see, the game looks really good.
Last, but not least, we get the confirmation of the English voice cast.
- Cloud, voiced by Cody Christian (All American, Teen Wolf)
- Barret, voiced by John Eric Bentley (Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen, Independence Day: Resurgence)
- Aerith, voiced by Briana White (Criminal Minds: Beyond Borders, Occupants)
- Tifa, voiced by Britt Baron (GLOW)
- Jessie, voiced by Erica Lindbeck (Spider-Man, Persona 5, ThunderCats Roar)
- Biggs, voiced by Gideon Emery (Star Wars: The Clone Wars, Teen Wolf)
- Wedge, voiced by Matt Jones (Breaking Bad)
- Sephiroth, voiced by Tyler Hoechlin
If you want to see more of the Final Fantasy VII Remake, you can check out today’s gameplay reveal and trailers, yesterday’s trailer, another from a few weeks ago, and a beautiful piece of concept artwork released with yesterday’s reveal, showing off Sephiroth.
The first episode of the remake will launch on PS4 on March 3, 2020. Pre-orders should be going online today. No other platforms have been announced so far.