Valve revealed the winners for its third annual Steam Awards today, containing eight categories voted on by the Steam community.
The 2018 Game of the Year for the Steam Awards was PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds. The battle royale title beat out Monster Hunter World, Kingdom Come: Deliverance, Assassin’s Creed Odyssey, and Hitman 2 to take the top title.
Developer CD Projekt Red won the most awards from the event, taking Best Developer and Best Environment for its game The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt. That game joins other 2018 Steam Awards winners Grand Theft Auto V and Rocket League as games that have won in prior years. Check out the full list of categories and winners below.
- Game of the Year – PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds
- VR Game of the Year – The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim VR
- Labor of Love – Grand Theft Auto V
- Best Developer – CD Projekt Red
- Best Environment – The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt
- Better with Friends – Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six Siege
- Best Alternate History – Assassin’s Creed Odyssey
- Most Fun with a Machine – Rocket League
Nomination voting for the 2018 Steam Awards began last November, allowing all Steam users to nominate any game in the store’s catalog for any award, regardless of when it released. The full list of nominees and voting took place last December during the Steam Winter Sale.