Today is Wednesday, which means that a new round of Media Create charts has been released, describing the situation of the Japanese video game marked in the week between Feb. 18 and Feb. 24.
Below you can check out the software chart, keeping in mind that the second number for each game represent lifetime sales where applicable.
- Anthem – PS4 – 77,938/New
- New Super Mario Bros U. Deluxe – Switch – 23,235/455,006
- Super Smash Bros. Infinite – Switch – 22,430/2,883,416
- NieR: Automata Game of the YoRHa Edition – PS4 – 21,326/New
- Jump Force – PS4 – 17,471/94,365
- Kingdom Hearts III – PS4 – 14,258/770,068
- Far Cry New Dawn – PS4 – 12,384/38,668
- Pokémon Let’s Go Pikachu & Eevee – Switch – 11,057/1,501,846
- Mario Kart 8 Deluxe – Switch – 9,308/2,142,329
- Super Mario Party – Switch – 8,770/1,027,659
- Minecraft – Switch – 8,380/615,882
- The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild – Switch – 7,748/1,299,813
- Girls und Panzer: Dream Tank Match DX – Switch – 7,651/New
- Catherine: Full Body – PS4 – 7,031/58, 855
- Splatoon 2 – Switch – 5,962/2,938,590
- Resident Evil 2 – PS4 – 5,781/344, 273
- Metro Exodus – PS4 – 5, 187/22, 701
- Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney Trilogy – Switch – 4,419/New
- Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney Trilogy – PS4 – 3,783/New
- Super Mario Odyssey – Switch – 2,724/1,954,432
You can also read the hardware chart below.
- Switch: 53,270
- PS4: 10,632
- PS4 Pro: 6,956
- PS Vita: 3,600
- New 2DS XL: 3,388
- New3DS XL: 1,052
- 2DS: 113
- Xbox One X: 51
- Xbox One: 21
Despite its mixed reception in the west, Anthem managed to debut at the top of the charts with almost 78,000 units sold, which isn’t bad at all for a western game.
Interestingly, the NieR: Automata Game of the YoRHa Edition enter the charts with over 21,000 copies sold, which is quite flattering for something that isn’t even a remaster, but it’s actually just a re-release with DLC included, which is rather unusual in Japan to begin with. This is a testament to just how popular and successful the title has become since its release.
On the other hand, both Girls und Panzer: Dream Tank Match DX and the Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney Trilogy fall into the usual issue that affects re-releases and remasters, selling rather poorly on Nintendo Switch and PS4.
On the hardware side, the Nintendo Switch keeps selling strongly, despite the absence of sales-enhancing new releases.
If you want to compare, you can also check out last week’s charts.