How to Get the Grand Chef Keyblade in Kingdom Hearts 3
Kingdom Hearts 3 makes some major gameplay changes for the series, most notable of which is the ability to equip three different Keyblades at once. There’s an extra Keyblade that’s a bit difficult to get, however, so here’s how to get the Grand Chef Keyblade in Kingdom Hearts 3.
Getting the Grand Chef Keyblade is entirely based around the game’s cooking minigame, at Little Chef’s Bistro in Twilight Town. What you need to do is raise the rank of the Bistro to five stars, which is no small task.
This is done by cooking every recipe on the menu, and getting an Excellent rating on each one as well. Do note that this is only the main menu we’re talking about, as you won’t need to complete the special menu you can unlock by finding the Flantastic 7.
Getting an Excellent Rating
Getting an Excellent rating isn’t too difficult to do on these minigames, with a little practice. Kingdom Hearts 3’s tutorials can help guide you through this but here are some tips.
- Egg Cracking – Gently pull both thumbsticks to the side to crack the egg, then when the pink swirls appear immediately hit L1+R1 (LB+RB) without moving the thumbsticks. Takes some practice.
- Flambe – Rotate the left thumbstick at a medium pace until you see the pink swirls, then immediately pull down on the right thumbstick.
- Chopping – It might be easier to turn the controller sideways, but you’ll need to flick the left stick down as fast as you can repeatedly, then use the right to pull another ingredient.
- Grinding Pepper – Use the left and right thumbstick and move it down just as the ring closes around the icon, you have some wiggle room with this, so don’t be afraid to do it a second early.
There are a total of 20 recipes you’ll need to cook in Kingdom Hearts 3 to rank up the Bistro, and each one requires a handful of ingredients.
There are quite a few ingredients to get, and it really just comes down to thoroughly searching each and every world. Most ingredients can be found in multiple worlds, but in our experience Veal, Sea Bass, Lobster and Scallops could only be found in The Caribbean.
Here’s a full list of every recipe you need to do. Note that you only need one of each ingredient to try cooking the recipe, but you’ll definitely want more in case you don’t get an Excellent and need to try again.
- Mushroom Terrine – Morel, Chanterelle, King Oyster Mushroom, Black Trumpet
- Scallop Poele – Scallop, Olive Oil
- Ratatouille – Zucchini, Eggplant, Tomato, Garlic, Bay Leaf
- Lobster Mousse – Lobster, Scallop, Dill
- Consumme – Celery, Onion, Cloves
- Pumpkin Veloute – Pumpkin, Black Truffle
- Carrot Potage – Carrot, Onion, Rice, Butter
- Crab Bisque – Crab, Tomato, Carrot, Celery, Olive Oil
- Sole Meuniere – Sole, Caviar
- Eel Matelote – Eel, Bay Leaf, Parsley
- Bouillabaisse – Mussel, Lobster, Cod, Garlic, Saffron
- Sea Bass en Papillote – Sea Bass, Basil, Thyme, Olive Oil
- Sweetbread Poele – Porcini, Lemon, Veal
- Beef Saute – Cornichon, Eggplant, Zucchini, Beef
- Beef Bourguignon – Rosemary, Bay Leaf, Thyme, Garlic, Beef
- Stuffed Quail – Rice, Portabello, Porcini, Miller Mushroom, Parsley, Quail
- Chocolate Mousse – Chocolate, Lemon, Butter
- Fresh Fruit Compote – Pear, Apple, Apricot
- Crepes Suzette – Orange, Butter, Honey
- Berries au Fromage – Cheese, Lemon, Gooseberry, Raspberry, Blackberry
Once you’ve prepared every recipe and gotten an Excellent you’ll automatically get ranked up to five stars, see a cutscene, and get the Grand Chef. The weapon has one Formchange into a Frying Pan, and has two abilities. Wizard’s Ruse gives you a chance to recover HP proportionate to the MP you spend, while Chef Extraordinaire makes it easier to get an Excellent while cooking.
That’s everything you need to know about how to get the Grand Chef Keyblade in Kingdom Hearts 3. For even more tips, tricks, and guides, you can check out our extensive Kingdom Hearts 3 wiki. Here are a few other guides at a glance for you.
- How to Play Classic Kingdom Minigames
- How to Get the Epilogue & Secret Ending
- All Golden Herc Figures Locations & What They Do
Question: How do you get the Grand Chef Keyblade in Kingdom Hearts 3?
Answer: In order to get Grand Chef you’ll have to rank up Little Chef’s Bistro in Twilight Town to five stars. This means finding every ingredient and making every recipe. However, you’ll also have to get an Excellent rating on every one in order to get to five stars. So you need to get the timing right on each minigame. Because you’ll need so many ingredients, you likely won’t be able to get Grand Chef until late in the game.