Season six of Overwatch’s competitive mode is about to end. Blizzard has announced that season six will wrap up on Saturday at 8:00 p.m. EST. Season seven will kick off just three days later on October 31 at 8:00 p.m. EST.
Overwatch Community Manager Josh Engen announced the dates on the game’s official forums yesterday. He also revealed Blizzard’s plans for rewarding players who completed their season six placement matches with a special spray and player icon, which is standard fare for Overwatch competitive seasons.
“These will be unlocked automatically when you log into your account the first time after the season ends,” wrote Engen. “If you are placed within the Top 500 players on your platform (and in your region) at the end of the season, you’ll receive an extra player icon and animated spray on top of the other seasonal rewards.”
Additionally, Blizzard will dole out competitive points to players based upon the highest skill level they reached during the season. The points dispersion breaks down like this:
- SR 1-1499 (Bronze): 65 CP
- SR 1500-1999 (Silver): 125 CP
- SR 2000-2499 (Gold): 250 CP
- SR 2500-2999 (Platinum): 500 CP
- SR 3000-3499 (Diamond): 750 CP
- SR 3500-3999 (Master): 1250 CP
- SR 4000-5000 (Grandmaster): 1750 CP
Overwatch’s first five competitive seasons lasted three months each, but season six will end after just two months in accordance with competitive changes Blizzard announced in August.
- Niantic Is “Working to Improve” Pokemon GO’s EX Raids Invitations
- Fortnite Battle Royale Gets a Huge Halloween Patch; Leaderboards, New Items, and Microtransactions Arrive
- You Can Start Preloading Super Mario Odyssey Right Now