During a livestream held over the weekend to mark Final Fantasy XIV’s fourth anniversary, details of the highly anticipated patch 4.1 were revealed.
Titled “The Legend Returns” and set to release early in October 2017, patch 4.1 will allow players to dive into the world of Ivalice from Final Fantasy XII. The patch will feature a new main story-arc, side quests, a new Primal battle, and a new Ultimate difficulty setting.
The full list of details for patch 4.1 announced during the stream are as follows:
- New Main Scenario and Side Quests – including the return of Hildibrand
- New Alliance Raid – Return to Ivalice
- New Primal Battle – The Extreme version of the Main Story boss
- New Ultimate Difficulty – The Unending Coil of Bahamut (Ultimate)
- New PvP Content – Rival Wings 24 vs 24
- New Instanced Dungeon – The Drowned City of Skalla
- The Lost Canals of Uznair Update – New Maps leading to Deeper Submerged Chambers, New Systems and New Enemies
- Adventurer Squadron Updates – New Missions where you can form a party and enter Dungeons with your Squadron Members
- New Beast Tribe Quests – The Kojin
- Housing Update – Shirogane Plots and Relocation Service Available
During the livestream, Naoki Yoshida was joined by Yasumi Matsuno (Final Fantasy XII/Tactics) to discuss the upcoming 24-player alliance raid, “Return to Ivalice.” Matsuno is writing the scenario for the raid as a special guest creator.