Dissidia Final Fantasy NT is shaping up to be one of the highly-anticipated games of early 2018, but before that, fans will get to try it out at the end of the month. According to Gematsu, the closed beta for the game will run from 9:00 a.m. PT / 12:00 p.m. ET / 05:00 BST / 06:00 CEST on August 26 up to September 4 in the Americas and Europe.
The test will have 14 fighters to choose from who all span across the different games in the Final Fantasy series. Here’s a list of the playable characters in the Dissidia Final Fantasy NT beta:
- Warrior of Light (Final Fantasy)
- Firion (Final Fantasy II)
- Onion Knight (Final Fantasy III)
- Cecil Harvey (Final Fantasy IV)
- Bartz Klauser (Final Fantasy V)
- Terra Branford (Final Fantasy VI)
- Cloud Strife (Final Fantasy VII)
- Squall Leonhart (Final Fantasy VIII)
- Zidane Tribal (Final Fantasy IX)
- Tidus (Final Fantasy X)
- Shantotto (Final Fantasy XI)
- Vaan (Final Fantasy XII)
- Lightning (Final Fantasy XIII)
- Y’shtola (Final Fantasy XIV)
If you haven’t already, you still have a chance to register for a chance to participate in the upcoming Dissidia Final Fantasy NT test. North American and Latin American residents can sign up here, while those in the PAL region can register here.
Dissidia Final Fantasy NT is the third installment in the crossover spin-off that brings together iconic heroes and villains from the Final Fantasy franchise. Unlike the previous two games, this entry introduces three-on-three team battles along with powerful summons like Odin, Ifrit, and Shiva.
This fighting game originally launched in Japanese arcades during 2015, but it will finally be getting a PS4 port sometime next year. Incidentally, Jecht from Final Fantasy X was recently announced as the new character to join the arcade roster.