A few months ago, in China, a law was passed that required any game that has random loot drops to publish the chances of getting drops in certain rarities. When the results were published, it led many to wonder if these odds were the same in all regions, or if they were unique to China. As of today, these odds have now been published in Korea, too, which gives us a little more clarity.
The Korean odds for drops in Blizzard’s games are exactly the same as China’s – meaning the case is probably the same worldwide. The statistics Blizzard have provided are for all of their games with ‘loot box’ style micro-transactions, not just Overwatch, which is the one people seem to care about the most right now. The Odds are (courtesy of Invenglobal):
– Each card packs will have at least one card of Rare or higher rarity.
– Approximately one in every five card packs will have an Epic card.
– Approximately one in every twenty card packs will have a Legendary card.
* Chances of obtaining a card with higher rarity will increase for every card pack that did not have an Epic or Legendary card.
Heroes of the Storm
– One Loot Chest will contain approximately 2.9 Common items.
– One Loot Chest will contain approximately 1 Rare item.
– Approximately one in every 4.5 Loot Chest will contain an Epic item.
– Approximately one in every 17.5 Loot Chest will contain a Legendary item.
* Chances of higher rarity items will increase for every Loot Chest that did not contain an Epic or Legendary item.
* This does not apply to Loot Chests from events, progression system and rerolls.
– Each Loot Box will have at least one item of Rare or higher rarity.
– Approximately one in every 5.5 Loot Box will have an Epic item.
– Approximately one in every 13.5 Loot Box will have a Legendary item.
As you can see, it seems like Hearthstone is the stingiest when it comes to their loot drops, with a legendary dropping in only around 1 in 20 card packs. Overwatch’s system is the kindest, giving legendaries the most frequently; this is seen in-game, too; when looting, players have reported seeing much more legendary drops in Overwatch than in other games.
- Atari Releases First Images of Its New Ataribox Console
- Dragon Quest XI Looks Fantastic in Brand New Prologue Trailer
- Get Your First Look At Trunks in Dragon Ball FighterZ, Then Sign Up For The Closed Beta
- Play As Your Favorite Marvel Characters in Marvel: Powers United VR