Dead Cells is a brand new roguelike title from from indie developer Motion Twins. The game makes use of beautiful pixel art, and it takes place on an “ever-changing island” with levels and item pickups that are constantly changing. You can check out the game’s new trailer down below.
Players will take control of a series of sentient cells which inhabit a body. Players will then take control of said body to start exploring the island, pick up weapons and skills, and face the horrors awaiting them on the island. The roguelike aspect seems a bit unforgiving at times, especially since there are no checkpoints, but the pixelated fluid combat might be enough to keep us going.
The Early Access version of the game includes the following:
- 11 levels – Each one with varied monsters, level designs and secrets to discover.
- 2 bosses
- Approximately 50 weapons and skills
- 2 special powers, which unlock new areas (Metroidvania gear lock items)
Dead Cells releases on Steam Early Access today, and is available for $16.99, along with a 15% launch week discount. We’ll have our full impressions of the game up soon.
- Rev Your Engines, Need for Speed’s Returning Later this Year
- Secret World Legends Release Date Announced
- Deadly Premonition Gets a Second Shot at Life as a Board Game