The April update for Gears of War 4 is available today for Xbox One and Windows 10 PC, The Coalition announced. The update brings two new maps, an upcoming Easter event, and more to the game.
Hotel and The Slab are the two new maps for April, and can be previewed in the video below. Both maps originated from Gears of War 3, and have received updated visuals and weapon swaps. The maps are available in a special playlist for season pass holders today, while everyone else can access the maps in public matchmaking beginning April 11.
Gears of War 4 is celebrating Easter this month with an Easter-themed variation of Guardian mode called Bunny Hunt. All characters wear giant rabbit heads and players can earn five Chocolate Easter Egg-themed weapon skins by registering on the game’s official website and completing challenges in the game mode. The event and registration begins April 14.
Core and Competitive multiplayer receive huge weapon tuning changes alongside the update, with the full changes listed here. The update also brings bug fixes and menu improvements, written by The Coalition below, including some specific to the Windows 10 PC version.
- Added the Inventory menu option to the Gear Up screen
- General improvements to the Ranked Lobby experience, including split-screen
- Increased the volume of Tai Kaliso’s in-game dialogue
- Addressed rare instances where power could not be picked up in Horde
- Players can no longer be downed during Spawn Protection by being tagged with a Smoke Grenade
- Fixed an issue preventing users from shooting after using a Dropshot under very rare circumstances
- Fixed instances where selecting ‘Continue Playing’ in Ranked Lobby could function incorrectly
- Fixed an audio issue that could cause loud high pitched sound on Foundation
- Fixed a bug that could prevent one of two mirrored weapon spawns not to respawn a weapon under certain cirumstances
- General Horde skills that have just been upgraded will now correctly reflect the upgrade in other Skill tabs
- Removed the prompt to Re-Up when reaching Re-Up 10 Level 99
- Battle Camera will now follow the camera location order on the first camera change
- Windows 10: Key bindings now instantly reflect in the Menus
- Windows 10: Map voting in Ranked Lobbies now correctly supports Mouse Control
- Windows 10: Fixed an issue where grenades blind-thrown from cover could appear to hit an invisible wall
- Windows 10: The Weapon Selection HUD is now affected by the HUD Offset Value.