The last day of 2016, Dec. 31, marks the 20th anniversary of Diablo, and Blizzard is sharing the celebration with in-game events across its other franchises, the company announced. Games joining on the celebration include Heroes of the Storm, Hearthstone, Overwatch, StarCraft II, and World of Warcraft.
Last month, Blizzard announced at BlizzCon 2016 that the first game would be recreated in Diablo III to celebrate the franchise’s 20th anniversary. The recreation includes all 16 maps, the original four bosses, and a graphics filter that upholds the grainy, pixelated look of the original.
In-game rewards for other Blizzard franchises include Overwatch sprays, portraits for Heroes of the Storm and StarCraft II, and mysterious events for Hearthstone and World of Warcraft. These events will be coming “soon,” and check out the full list of events written by Blizzard below.
- Recapture the feeling of your first play through of the original Diablo with The Darkening of Tristram tribute event. Venture through a reimagined version of the original cathedral in Diablo III and keep an eye out for some familiar items.
Heroes of the Storm:
- The battle for the High Heavens continues, and a new Diablo-themed portrait is up for grabs! Can you emerge victorious on this hectic new brawl map?
- In this Tavern Brawl, a hooded stranger awaits, holding a grim deck in his hands. Will you unravel the secrets surrounding this dark wanderer?
- Bring the battle for Sanctuary into the fight for the future with in-game sprays representing your favorite Diablo III classes—along with a new player icon modeled after the Lord of Terror!
- Put the Lord of Terror to work for you with a Diablo-themed worker portrait.
World of Warcraft:
- Strange things are afoot in the world of Azeroth as denizens of Sanctuary cross over into an unfamiliar world.
CHECK OUT MORE
- Windows 10 May be Adding a “Game Mode” in Upcoming Creators Update
- Mario Kart 64 Arrives to Wii U Tomorrow via Virtual Console
- ARK Dev Promises New In-Game Sheep if They Win a Steam Award [Update]