Final Fantasy XV will be getting a day one patch after all, as stated by director Hajime Tabata (via Siliconera). Here are the details on what players can expect from the patch, which is being called the Crown Update:
- Camera improvements will make it easier to track action going on in narrow areas.
- The new “Wait Mode” function (makes it so the game automatically waits when you stop command inputs) will get an ability tree for more in-depth strategic elements.
- A “Monster Whistle” that can be used to call out monsters will be added.
- New event scenes from Kingsglaive: Final Fantasy XV and “Omen” trailer will be added.
- Recipes and fish varieties, as well as a gallery, will be added for players who enjoy collecting items.
- Social network function will be added, allowing players to upload Prompto’s photographs to Facebook and Twitter.
The Wait Mode, in particular, sounds interesting. Considering that not everyone is entirely happy with the game’s action RPG approach, perhaps this mode will bring back some of the turn-based charm of previous games in the series.
Final Fantasy XV is set to be released for the PS4 and Xbox One on November 29.
- Nioh Alpha and Beta Players Will Receive Exclusive In-Game Items
- Resident Evil 7 Collector’s Edition Comes With a Dummy Finger USB Drive
- Danganronpa Another Episode Coming to Steam in 2017