Niantic, the developer of the hit Pokemon GO app, is getting taken to court for failing to respond to the authorities in the Hague and their concerns over potential damage done to the dunes in the area.
‘The authorities now “want to ban these small virtual animals in protected areas and in the streets from 11:00 pm to 7:00 am,” the municipality said in a statement.
The Hague authorities said they had been trying to contact Niantic since mid-August but without success. “We had no other choice” but to go to court, they said.’
Since Niantic has failed to respond to their multiple requests, the authorities have thus decided to take this matter to court, and a hearing will take place on October 11.
Pokemon GO is now available on iOS and Android devices. The app also comes with warnings and reminders for people to stay vigilant while playing, and not trespass into restricted areas. Since the app’s launch, there have been multiple reports of players getting into accidents, robberies, and even corpse discoveries.
Source: The Guardian
- Resident Evil 7 VR Function Will Be Exclusive to PSVR for a Year
- Batman: Arkham VR Will Be Beatable in Approximately 2.5 Hours
- Super Mario Gets a Fan-Made Game With Super Mario Bros. X 2.0