On the off chance you’re not already playing Overwatch, you may be able to try it out for free sometime in the future.
Overwatch fan site Overpwn went digging in this week’s Public Test Realm data files, and found a few lines of text suggesting some sort of free trial:
- Sorry, the Overwatch Free Trial is not available at this time.
- Group members using trial cannot enter competitive play.
- Not available for trial.
As Overpwn notes, it wouldn’t be odd to see some sort of trial period added to Overwatch, considering other Blizzard titles like World of Warcraft and Diablo III offer the same. It’s also possible that this script is outdated, a remnant from a time period when Blizzard was merely thinking about a trial mode. And one last note of skepticism: datamined text regarding a feature doesn’t guarantee it will make an official debut.
In other related news, Overwatch Season 2 is kicking off with some heavy Genji nerfs, along with plenty of other hero balances. You can read up more about the patch notes here.
Not included in the patch notes, though, is Blizzard’s new chat filter, which replaces any “gg ez” typed into PTR game chat with much more embarrassing statements.
Check out more
- Bungie Releases New Screenshots for Destiny: Rise of Iron at Gamescom 2016
- Square Enix is Considering Dragon Quest Builders for the NX
- No Man’s Sky Gets New Patch on PC and PS4, Hello Games “Focused on Customer Support”