Today THQ Nordic and Slovakia-based studio Nine Rocks Games announced a brand new hunting IP, Way of the Hunter.
The game is in development for PC, PS5, and Xbox Series X|S with no release date mentioned at the moment.
You can check out the trailer below.
The press release with the announcement came with a comment from Nine Rocks Games CEO David Durčák.
“With Way of the Hunter, we are going to start a new franchise. The Way of the Hunter franchise finally gives this expansive audience of players a hunting experience as rich in story-telling as it is realistic in ballistic simulation. To create the best game possible, we’ve assembled a seasoned team of skilled professionals, who worked on games like DayZ or the Cabela’s hunting games before.”
Here’s how the developer describes the game:
This authentic hunting experience lets you explore and hunt in large open-world environments in the USA and Europe. Discover true-to-life animals in beautiful natural habitats and handle various detailed and highly realistic weapons. Face the challenges of ethical hunting, supported by a compelling story, or simply enjoy hunting the rich environments freely.
- Hunt like a pro with features that highlight animal signs, blood splatter analysis, and shot review with the rewindable bullet camera
- Dozens of strikingly detailed animal species with realistic behavior models for a truly immersive hunting experience
- Enjoy your perfect hunting adventure among friends in co-op mode
- Two vast hunting territories with 55 square miles each
- Realistic ballistics and bullet physics simulation
- Sophisticated natural animal animations and reactions when sensing the players presence
- A compelling story about the struggles of a family hunting business, and the rivalry and friendships that surround it
- Complex Trophy system generates unique antlers and horns based on multiple factors like fitness and age