Today Sega revealed content and events coming to Phantasy Star Online 2: New Genesis over the next couple of months.
We start with the anniversary event which will span the month of May and the beginning of June. The first part will launch on May 11 with decorations, special items a new limited-time quest, and the inevitable AC scratch ticket.
May 18 will see the release of new SG Scratch items, while the second part of the anniversary event will come on May 25, including a new Urgent Quest and another AC Scratch ticket.
June 1 will see the implementation of an Anniversary World Trial and two revival AC Scratch tickets.
We then take a look at the new area named Kvaris that will launch with the“Frozen Resolution” major update in June, and we meet some of its characters.
Last, but not least, Sega revealed the results of the latest player survey and the actions the developers intend to perform to address the biggest points of friction.
Phantasy Star Online 2: New Genesis is currently available for Xbox and PC in the west and for PS4, PC, and Nintendo Switch via cloud streaming in Japan.
Recently, we learned that the game has passed 9 million registered users.
If you’re unfamiliar with the game, here’s what it’s all about.
- Free to play!
- Huge wide-open battlefield environments! Explore a whole new world featuring broad, expansive playfields filled with ferocious enemies waiting for you and your team. Traverse wide-open environments, speed and soar across the giant landscape and skies with new special abilities. Transitioning into a new area is as simple as walking into it — no loading screens.
- Enhanced character models! Create your identity with any character you can imagine in PSO2:NGS using the powerful creation engine. Adjust every imaginable characteristic to create your one-of-a-kind avatar.
- Redesigned graphics engine! Witness lush environments, amazingly detailed player characters, and monstrous foes in razor-sharp resolution. Watch spectacular new lighting and particle effects as weapons clash with armor. See the world as you’ve never seen it before.
- New multi-weapon system and abilities! Combine 2 types of weapons for smoother weapon switching. Battle at lightning speed using a variety of weapons and techniques.
- Connects with PSO2! Move easily in-game between PSO2:NGS and PSO2.
- Cross-platform! PC and Xbox One players can play together side by side.