Dreams PSVR Update Officially Revealed, Coming in July
VR functionality for Molecule’s creative sandbox game Dreams has long been on the agenda but today it was revealed properly for the first time. Players will be able to take advantage of the PSVR update from next month, July 28.
The update is free, of course, so as long as you have a PSVR headset you’ll be able to dive in and enjoy the game’s hundreds of creations in the most immersive way possible.
A new trailer was published by Sony today in tandem with today’s news:
In other related Dreams news, today saw the launch of update 2.14, which made the following changes:
- Welcome Garden Finale Pack – Our final Welcome Garden Pack, featuring elements to add atmosphere and mood to your creations, as well as some bonus sculptures.
- Welcome Garden Adventure – A fully playable game, made up entirely of content from the Welcome Garden Kit.
- Updated: Dreamiverse Playlist and Banner Updates – Banners will now display video content. We’re also adding support for future playlist topics.
- Updated: Wording around publishing content which has dependencies (e.g. contains private elements) has been improved.
- Fixed: A bug where users were recommended tutorials for the incorrect control scheme.
- Other fixes and improvements.
Twinfinite reviewed Dreams earlier this year when it launched in full and found plenty to like, scoring the game 3.5/5 and concluding:
“Dreams is an almost bottomless well of user-created content, and already there are some gems amongst the myriad of creations available, even if they won’t ever feel like big-budget AAA games. It isn’t for everyone, but for the right kind of person, it will be everything.”
About the author
- A Media Molecule Artist Is Making Stunning Dreams Recreations of The Last of Us Scenes
- Modern Warfare 2’s Amsterdam Level Looks Incredible in Dreams on PS5
- Dreams Update 2.44 Now Live With Significant Improvements to Create Mode
- Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart Looks Just as Impressive Made in Dreams
- Dreams PS4 Update 2.22 Is Live; Adds Audio Importer, Fixes Bugs & More