Developer Torn Banner Studios is starting out the new year with their multiplayer hack and slash action game, as they introduce the Chivalry 2: House Aberfell update today on PC (via Epic Games Store), the PS4 and PS5, Xbox One, and Xbox Series X|S. This brand new update is set to add new map objectives, characters, and even a gameplay mechanic that revolves around bees.
When talking about the launch, Torn Banner Studios CEO & Creative Director Steve Piggott had the following to say:
“On behalf of everyone at Torn Banner Studios, I’d like to thank the Chivalry 2 player base,” said Piggott. “We are blown away by the positive reception since launch and Chivalry 2 would not be regarded as one of the best multiplayer games of 2021 without your support. Since our 2021 launch, we’ve added new 64-player Team Objective maps, Arena and Brawl modes, and so much more. This is still the beginning and Torn Banner Studios remains committed to continue increasing the size and scope of Chivalry 2 this year.”
Chivalry 2: House Aberfell update key features include:
- The Raid on Aberfell: Experience the ultimate medieval battlefield and the chaos of combat in this large-scale 64-player Team Objective map that finds the Agatha Knights invading the birth land of the Mason Order’s King Malric. Attacking players are charged with sacking the village, destroying the Mason Order’s towering obelisks, and purging the heretical Druids from the land as defending players fight back every step of the way.
- New Playable Character – Druids: The Raid of Aberfell map features playable Druids charged with defending the Mason Order’s ancient stones. Armed with powerful staff melee weapons, the top scoring players will be granted control of the Druids as the Order’s last line of defense against the Agatha offensive. Druids appear with a variety of new helmets, including the Goat, Wild Pig, Deer, and Eagle.
- New Gameplay – Hog Hoarding: As part of the sacking of the village of Aberfell, attacking players will join forces to… steal pigs! Capture livestock and peasants by carrying them on your shoulder to deny Mason Order’s access to food and labor.
- New Gameplay – Bees: For the first time in the history of the Chivalry franchise, players can look forward to the introduction of weaponized bees. While exploring the new Raid on Aberfell Team Objective map, be sure to keep an eye out for oversized beehives. Players looking to create some buzz can pick-up these bee bombs and throw them at enemies, unleashing a swarm of stinging insects that cause area of effect damage.
- New Weapons – Highland Sword: The Highland Sword is a massive, unwieldy beast of a blade that will butcher foes and send others running for the hills. Complete with new animations, weapon values, and special attack, the Highland Sword for the Vanguard class can be further customized with new Giant Claymore and Executioner sword skins.
- New Armory Items: In addition, players can look forward to a wide array of new cosmetics in the Armory, including the Agatha Gallowglass Armor and Mason Clan Armor, War Club – Shepherd Staff skin, Falchion – Chopper skin, Messer – Dacian Sword skin, Great Sword – Claymore skin, 10 new Face paints, and more!
To celebrate the release of the Chivalry 2: House Aberfell update, the game will be on sale for 33% of on PC for the next 24 hours, with console sales coming soon as well. For more information, check out all of the related articles we’ve got for the game down below.