After having been delayed from its original summer release date, Ary and the Secret of the Seasons is now set to launch later this fall, Sept. 1, for PS4, Xbox One, Nintendo Switch, and PC, a new trailer has confirmed today.
In Ary and the Secret of Seasons, players take on the role of the titular protagonist as she begins her unexpected duty serving as Guardian of Winter. Equipped with a newfound power to change the seasons, she embarks on a quest to find her brother Flynn and become a Winter Guardian.
As you’ll see in the today’s new trailer, players will manouvre Ary through a the vibrant fantasy world of Valdi, a lush but troubled land that’s lost its once perfect balance of eternally consistent climates.
Ary’s powers of the seasons can be seen altering her surroundings, enabling her to traverse obstacles and enemies. There’s also a snippet or two of her navigating urban areas populated with NPCs, which is something we haven’t seen in previous trailers.
Here’s a list of the game’s key features:
- Rewarding exploration: Harnessing the power of the seasons, Ary can traverse sweeping landscapes in search of new destinations, solving amazing environmental puzzles to progress.
- Captivating storytelling: Ary is recruited to help the Guardians of Seasons, an old organization caught up by rigid traditions. As she ventures through uncharted locations across Valdi, Ary will discover secrets and hidden meanings behind the Guardian of Seasons.
- Dynamic Environments: Manipulate the world around Ary with her environmental powers. Leap between ecosystems to bend the world and seasons to her needs.
- Fluid combat: Ary’s skills will be put to the test as she encounters foes looking to thwart her progress – from local inhabitants to hulking behemoths, she will use all the tools at her disposal to overcome monumental obstacles.
- Alluring 3D world: A beautiful visual style combined with an enchanting soundtrack creates a lingering atmosphere that will surely become a memorable gameplay experience.
For more on the game, check out a previous trailer previewing its story and showcasing nine minutes of gameplay.