V Rising: How to Get Fish Bones
Developed and published by Stunlock Studios, V Rising is a new early access game that’s been quickly rising in popularity on Steam. This vampire-themed MMORPG allows players to engage in full loot PvP, as well as base-building elements where they can design a castle and build crafting stations to help them progress further in the game. Here’s how to get Fish Bones in V Rising.
Unlocking Fishing in V Rising
Before you can obtain Fish Bones, you’ll first need to unlock the fishing mechanic in V Rising. To do this, you simply need to progress through the game until you’ve beaten two bosses: Rufus the Foreman, and Lidia the Chaos Archer.
You’ll encounter them as part of your quest progression, so just keep playing through the game naturally and you’ll eventually be tasked with defeating them. They’re at levels 20 and 26 respectively, so they’re pretty manageable as long as you keep up with your gear upgrades.
Upon defeating them, you’ll be rewarded with the fishing pole recipe and the Devourer key item. You can then head back to your castle to place the Devourer item and craft your first fishing pole.
Getting Fish Bones in V Rising
Now, you can finally start farming your Fish Bones, and this should be a pretty simple process.
- Craft your fishing pole.
The recipe requires 8 Planks, 4 Copper Ingots, and 4 Coarse Threads. You can craft it at your Workbench.
- Head to any body of water in the open-world, and equip your fishing pole from the hotbar.
- Look for bubbles on the surface of the water, then right-click it to cast your line.
- Once the bubbles start glowing, reel it in by pressing left-click.
- Take the fish back to your base and feed it to the Devourer.
This will allow you to process the fish into resources, including Fish Bones.
What Fish Bones are Used For
As you catch more fish in V Rising, you’ll slowly start to notice that most of them will reward you with Fish Oil and Fish Bones. Fish Oil can be converted into leather later on, which is used for crafting equipment. On the flip side, Fish Bones are meant to help you stock up on rats.
If you’ve crafted a Vermin Nest, you can then use the Fish Bones on the Nest itself to create rats, which are used for crafting and spawning the Putrid Rat to gain access to the vampire’s rat form.
That’s all you need to know about how to get Fish Bones in V Rising. Be sure to search for Twinfinite for more tips and information on the game.
About the author
- How to Get a Paper Press in V Rising
- V Rising’s New Patch Addresses Stair Issues, Devs to Focus on Bug Fixes & Optimization Before Pushing New Content
- V Rising: Best Abilities & Ultimates
- V Rising: Best Weapons & How to Get Them
- V Rising: Where To Find Unsullied Hearts